Disponible en Anglais seulement
Eric Pellegrino is counsel in our Litigation Group in Toronto. He has a general litigation practice, with experience in corporate/commercial, privacy, banking, class action, professional liability and regulatory litigation.
Eric has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario and various administrative tribunals. He has experience serving as lead counsel at the trial and appellate levels.
Eric’s experience includes:
- Defending clients at trial in professional liability cases
- Acting for defendants in class action matters, including financial institutions and medical professionals
- Defending infrastructure companies and regulators in multi-million dollar litigation
- Defending wind power developers through hearings before the Environmental Review Tribunal, the Divisional Court and the Court of Appeal
- Acting for clients in commercial and employment matters involving privacy and access to information issues
- Advising clients on privacy law breaches, access rights and access to information requests
Other notable work:
- Contributing author to the fifth edition of Defending Class Actions in Canada, published by Lexis Nexis
- Former editor of the McCarthy Tetrault CyberLex Blog
- Regularly participates in speaking engagements on a range of issues involving litigation in Ontario
- Member of the teaching team for the "Lawyer as Negotiator" course at Osgoode Hall Law School
- Volunteering as Duty Counsel for Pro Bono Law Ontario
Eric received a BA (Hons) in Political Science and Psychology from York University in 2006 and a B.Ed. from the York University Faculty of Education in 2007. He received his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2011, where he completed the Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Administration of Justice curriculum stream.
Eric is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Advocates’ Society, the Toronto Lawyers Association, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.