Victoria Zed is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a corporate and securities law practice focusing on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance (debt and equity) and capital markets. She also provides advice on corporate governance, continuous disclosure and general corporate and securities regulatory matters. Victoria focuses primarily on transactional work and routinely assists clients across a broad range of industries with a variety of transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, follow-on public offerings, private placements and stock exchange listings.
- Cineworld Group plc in connection with its proposed acquisition of Cineplex Inc. for C$2.8 billion
- Rexel in its acquisition of the Canadian utility business of WESCO International;
- Vaco in its acquisition of a Canadian financing and accounting recruitment and consulting firm;
- HNZ Group Inc. in connection with its acquisition by management and PHI, Inc. by way of plan of arrangement;
- Mondelez International in its acquisition of a significant majority interest in Give & Go from Thomas H. Lee Partners
- Auxly Cannabis Group in its C$123 million private placement of a convertible debenture with Imperial Brands, a UK-based tobacco company
- TD Securities and a syndicate of agents in respect of Loblaw Companies Limited’s C$800 million private placement of senior notes;
- Stelco Holdings Inc. in its $220 million secondary bought deal equity offering with various follow on offerings;
- TD Securities Inc. and various syndicates of underwriters in connection with the March 2022 $40.25 million bought deal offering of convertible unsecured debentures of Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation
- Merrill Lynch Canada and a syndicate of dealers in connection with New York Life Global Funding C$1,000,000,000 offering of fixed rated notes;
- RBC Capital Markets and a syndicate of dealers in connection with Corus Entertainment C$500 million offering of senior unsecured notes;
- Ford Auto Securitization Trust on its completion of a $742.5 million private placement offering of notes;
- TD Bank in Evergreen Credit Card Trust’s US $534 million offering of asset-baked notes;
- BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., and a syndicate of agents in the US $600 million cross-border private placement offering by Canadian Pacer Auto Receivables Trust of Bank of Montreal originated auto loan receivables backed notes;
- RBC Capital Markets and a syndicate of dealers in the $600 million private placement offering of asset-backed notes by GMF Canada Leasing Trust
- BMO Capital Markets, RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities and a syndicate of dealers in respect of GM Financial Canada’s inaugural $400 million private placement offering of senior notes along with various follow on offerings;
- CIBC Capital Markets Inc. and a syndicate of agents in the $368 million initial public offering issued by PIMCO Canada Corp;
- RBC Capital Markets, as lead agent in CNH Capital Canada Receivables Trust private placement offering of receivables backed notes
- BMO Capital Markets and dealers in relation to Bank of Montreal’s various subordinated debt offerings;
- Canadian Tire Bank in Glacier Credit Card Trust’s $480 million credit card securitization offering of senior and subordinated notes
- Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. on the completion of its $8 million receivables purchase facility from Trichome Financial
- Numerous public companies in connection with their continuous disclosure obligations.
Victoria completed her LLM at Osgoode Hall in 2017. She earned her LLB from the University of Law in London England in 2016. Prior to law school, Victoria obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Saint Francis Xavier University (STFX).
Victoria was called to the Ontario Bar in 2018 and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association. She is also a board member of Young Canadian’s in Finance.