Mireille Trottier is an associate of the Business Law Group in the Québec City office. Her practice focuses on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, securities, general corporate and commercial law and project and corporate financing.
Mireille represents several Québec and Canadian companies, public and private, in mergers and acquisitions as well as in project financing. She also represents managers and investors in the formation of private equity funds.
Her experience includes representation of the following companies:
- Power Energy Corporation in the formation of Power Sustainable Energy Infrastructure, an open private fund focused on renewable energy in North America.
- SOFIAC and ÉcoFonds Gestion d'Actifs Inc. as part of the formation of SOFIAC, a private equity fund targeting energy efficiency projects.
- Gestion AQC Inc. as part of the formation of Anges Québec Capital II s.e.c., a private equity fund targeting Québec businesses at the various stages of seed and startup.
- Sharethrough Inc. (formerly District M Inc.) in obtaining a round of equity financing and in the subsequent acquisition of Sharethrough Inc., a company based in San Francisco.
- NeuPath Health Inc. (formerly Klinik Health Ventures Corp.) in connection with its acquisition of 2576560 Ontario Inc. through a reverse takeover structured as a plan of arrangement.
- The shareholders of Les Disques Audiogram Inc. (Audiogram), in connection with the acquisition by Musique Select Inc., a subsidiary of Québecor Media Inc.
- IntelGenx Technologies Corp. as part of its strategic partnership with ATAI Life Sciences AG.
Before joining McCarthy Tétrault, Mireille worked as a business law student for a technology company based in Quebec City. This experience allowed her to work closely with the company’s executives and therefore to play an active role in its growth.
Mireille obtained a bachelor’s degree in law from Université Laval in Québec City in 2019. During her studies, she completed an internship with two judges of the Superior Court, was president of the Club droit et affaires de l’Université Laval (CDAUL) and was involved in a legal start-up clinic.
Mireille was called to the Québec Bar in 2020. She is a member of the Québec City Bar and the Canadian Bar Association.