Eugen Miscoi is an associate in our Business Law group and member of our Cyber/Data Group. Specializing in technology, privacy, and cybersecurity law, he enables clients leverage technological solutions to create value while demonstrating compliance with all Canadian federal and provincial privacy and information management requirements and industry best practices.
As part of his practice, Eugen often acts as “Breach Coach” to help clients manage cybersecurity incidents and crises, including transnational data breaches.
Drawing from his diverse experience, Eugen takes a multidisciplinary approach to advising organizations facing complex legal, regulatory, and business challenges in multiple industries. Eugen has advised numerous clients in the automotive, e-commerce, manufacturing, technology, financial services, and health services industries across Canada and abroad.
Some of his recent experiences include:
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) for several public and private sector organizations to help translate applicable requirements into privacy and cybersecurity controls implemented by design and by default.
- Providing strategic and regulatory guidance in relation to cybersecurity incident management, mandatory breach notification, and risk mitigation for several cybersecurity incidents, including data breaches, social engineering, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) and ransomware attacks.
- Assisting a financial institution in the management and remediation of one of the largest data breaches to have ever affected that industry in Canada; assisting the organization operationalize their privacy program across multiple business lines and jurisdictions.
- Advising several international organizations on applicable federal and provincial requirements in Canada, including in the retail, technology, professional services, manufacturing, and not-for-profit sectors.
- Implementing a privacy governance framework for a large airline company and two of Canada’s largest financial institutions.
- Drafting and advising clients on the implementation of privacy and cybersecurity incident response and policies and procedures, business continuity plans, and other related governance documents.
Eugen holds a bachelor’s degree in law from Unviersité de Montréal (LL.B. 2015). He also holds a master’s degree in international affairs from Carleton Unviersity (M.A. 2018) and is currently completing a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) at Université Laval.
Eugen was admitted to the Québec Bar in 2016. His in-depth knowledge of the cybersecurity, data governance, privacy, and risk management fields were certified by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA Security+ 2019), the International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/C 2020), and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (CDPSE 2021).
Eugen is fluent in French, English, Russian, and Romanian.