Building Blocks of a Carbon Market: A Primer on Emission Offsets, Carbon Pricing and Offset Contracts
February 01, 2022
Time of event
Join McCarthy Tétrault’s overview and introduction to carbon markets hosted by Partners Joanna Rosengarten, Kimberly Howard, Kerri Howard and Selina Lee-Andersen.
Discussion topics include:
Overview of Carbon Emission Offsets
- Types of Offset Markets
- Criteria for Quality Offsets
- Mechanics of Creating Offsets (Offset Protocols, Project Validation and Verification, Offset Registries)
Carbon Pricing and Markets
- Carbon Pricing in Canada
- Offset Programs in Canada
- Corporate Internal Carbon Pricing
- Snapshot of Global Carbon Markets
- Update on Article 6 of Paris Agreement
Overview of Emission Offset Contracts
- Key Terms and Conditions
- Legal Risks and Considerations
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains up to 1.5 hours of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
For more information regarding this event or if you would like to register, please contact [email protected].
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (ET)
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (MT)
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (PT)