May 02, 2023
Time of event
Join McCarthy Tétrault’s National Appellate Litigation Group as we discuss appeals of importance to the Canadian business community during the last quarter. Each session brings you up-to-date on recent appellate developments across Canada. Topics to be discussed this quarter include:
- Supreme Court of Canada: When does an insolvency proceeding justify non-enforcement of an arbitration agreement against a receiver?
- Federal: Legislative and discretionary bars to judicial review in the Federal Courts
- Ontario/Atlantic: Court of Appeal for Ontario provides guidance on misleading advertising claims and upholds summary dismissal of class action against Ford
- Quebec: Conflict risks inherent to liability insurance policies: when the insurer's duty to defend conflicts with its duty to indemnify
- Western Canada: ABCA upholds decision denying certification of putative data breach class action
Speakers include: Adam Goldenberg, James Holtom, Byron Shaw, Kara Smyth, Sarah Woods
Note: All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains 1.5 hours of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
For questions about this seminar, please contact [email protected].
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (ET)
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (MT)
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (PT)