January 17, 2023
Time of event
Join McCarthy Tétrault’s National Appellate Litigation Group as we discuss appeals of importance to the Canadian business community during the last quarter. Each session brings you up-to-date on recent appellate developments across Canada. Topics to be discussed this quarter include:
- Supreme Court of Canada: When can government regulation of land use result in liability for constructive expropriation?
- Federal: Judicial review of regulations after Vavilov
- Ontario/Atlantic: Ontario Court of Appeal upholds dismissal of $5B negligence claim, confirming duty of care principles
- Quebec: The disclosure of privileged documents in the context of regulatory or criminal investigations and how to best protect the professional secrecy
- Western Canada: The latest from the BC Court of Appeal on the viability of unjust enrichment claims in product liability cases
Note: All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains 1.5 hours of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
For questions about this seminar and to register, please contact [email protected].
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (ET)
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (MT)
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (PT)