2022 U.S. Midterm Elections and the Road to 2024 – What Canadian Business Needs to Know
March 21, 2023
Time of event
Join McCarthy Tétrault’s political and legal panel as they discuss what the 2022 U.S. midterm elections mean for your business and the Canadian economy.
Republicans are now in control of the House of Representatives. Democrats held their majority in the Senate. President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and former President Donald J. Trump both intend to run for the presidency in 2024, when Congress will again be up for grabs. As President Biden makes his first visit to Canada since taking office, this panel will consider how ongoing political volatility in the United States will affect Canadian politics, our economy and our relationship with our most important trading partner in the years ahead.
- Alex Burns, Associate Editor, Global Politics, POLITICO and Author, This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America’s Future
- The Honourable Jean Charest, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, former Premier of Quebec and Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Adam Goldenberg, Partner, Litigation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Remarks from Dave Leonard, CEO, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Remarks from Martha Harrison, Partner, International Trade and Investment Law, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Note: The presentation will take place in our Toronto office. For those participants who cannot join us in person, we are offering this program via webinar. If you are interested in this alternative, please select the appropriate option during the online registration process. All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
For questions about this seminar, please contact [email protected].
11:30 a.m. – Registration and Lunch
12:00 p.m. – Seminar Begins
1:30 p.m. – Seminar Concludes