Welcoming 25 new partners at McCarthy Tétrault
February 3, 2017
Toronto, February 3, 2017 – Please join us in welcoming 25 new partners who have been invited into the partnership. This is a significant accomplishment that recognizes the outstanding commitment of the McCarthy Tétrault team to our client’s business. It also signals the legal and business acumen of each of these remarkable individuals who advise clients across the firm’s practice in all market industries.
“Each of our new partners is a proven leader who enhances the quality of service we offer to our clients. I am incredibly proud of all of them,” said David Leonard, CEO. “The experience and relationships they have cultivated with our clients strengthen our position in the market; their knowledge, passion, and drive will continue to provide our clients a competitive advantage.”
“The promotion of these new partners reflects our commitment at McCarthy Tétrault to grow and develop our legal talent and to recognize their significant accomplishments,” said Barbara Boake, National Practice Leader. “I congratulate each new partner, and I look forward to seeing them thrive and contribute to our clients’ success.”
The new partners play a critical role as the firm continues to deliver outstanding client service, better results and experiences in each of our six offices nationally, and globally. Our new partners are:
- Ana Badour (Toronto) has a practice focused on regulatory and compliance issues relating to financial services entities, including banks, insurance companies, credit unions and fintech entities.
- Stephen Curran’s (Vancouver) practice primarily focused in the areas of general corporate and commercial law, private mergers and acquisitions, secured lending and project finance/P3.
- Ayse Dalli (Montréal) has a practice focussed on civil and commercial litigation, including professional liability, administrative law, construction and real property litigation and product liability.
- Annie Gagnon-Larocque (Montréal) focusses her practice on real estate acquisitions, real estate financings, property development, commercial leasing, and joint venture transactions.
- Paul Galbraith (Toronto) advises on syndicated lending work, mid and large scale bilateral secured lending transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, commercial and industrial development projects, stock/share purchase transactions and commercial leasing.
- James Klein (Toronto) has a broad transactional practice that incorporates all aspects of commercial real estate, energy, P3 and infrastructure transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, development, project financing, leasing, M&A transactions and securities offerings.
- Mathieu Laflamme is McCarthy Tétrault’s Québec City Office Lead and his practice focuses in all major areas of corporate and commercial law, including private equity investments and fund formation, M&A, partnerships, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and financing.
- Eli Mogil (Toronto) maintains a business litigation practice with particular emphasis on complex commercial disputes (shareholder, auditors, real estate), with experience before juries, arbitration panels, and administrative and regulatory tribunals.
- Stefanie Morand (Toronto) has an income tax planning practice, with a focus on M&A, reorganizations, corporate finance, real estate and capital markets transactions.
- Ryan Rabinovitch (Montréal) has a practice that encompasses all aspects of tax planning and litigation.
- Shana Wolch (Calgary) is a labour and employment lawyer whose practice also includes transactional advice, occupational health and safety defence and compliance, workplace investigations including serious OHS accidents, administration of alcohol and drug policies, and privacy.
- Dominique Amyot-Bilodeau (Montréal) advises clients on environmental and regulatory matters, with a general practice focused on industrial, energy, and natural resources projects.
- Samantha Cunliffe (Vancouver) has a corporate and commercial law practice that includes the areas of credit facilities, project finance and the development of projects.
- Shane D'Souza (Toronto) has a litigation practice focussing on securities litigation, class actions, internal investigations and professional liability, and plays a leadership role in the firm’s thought leadership on blockchain technology.
- Marie-Pier Gosselin (Québec) has a broad commercial real estate practice with a primary focus on the real estate aspect of the development and financing of projects in the energy, infrastructure, mines and industrial sectors.
- Moya Graham (Toronto) maintains a broad litigation practice, with an emphasis on corporate and commercial litigation, professional liability, and infrastructure and construction disputes.
- Marjolaine Hémond Hotte (Montréal) practise is focused on banking and corporate finance, mainly in the areas of energy, transportation, agribusiness, entertainment, mining, corporate lending and real estate lending.
- Jake Irwin (Toronto) maintains a general corporate practice which includes corporate finance, M&A and securities.
- Pavan Jawanda (Vancouver) has a practice primarily focused on advising public and private companies and private equity firms on domestic and international M&A, cross-border capital markets and securities matters, corporate bond financing and joint ventures, as well as corporate governance and other financial and strategic investments.
- Gillian Kerr (Toronto) has a practice that includes complex commercial disputes, class actions, media law and defamation, and professional liability, and she is an experienced trial lawyer, before both judges and juries.
- Jeffrey Knowles (Toronto) has a general commercial real estate practice and has acted for vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants in the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial properties, and for financial institutions and landowners in lending transactions secured by real property interests.
- Andrée-Anne Labbé (Montréal) has a general practice focussing on medical liability, class actions and commercial litigation, and she regularly pleads before the higher courts and administrative tribunals.
- Mathieu LeBlanc (Québec) practises in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, project development as well as general commercial law, with a primary focus on the energy, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
- Michèle Lefaivre (Montréal) focusses her practice on M&A, private equity and subsequent investments and divestitures, and advising businesses on corporate and commercial law matters.
- Michael Rosenberg (Toronto) maintains a general litigation practice, with a particular focus on complex commercial disputes, class actions, and criminal law.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories