McCarthy Tétrault practitioners are among the best lawyers
August 25, 2014
Toronto, August 25, 2014 — McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to announce that 12 of its lawyers were recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" for their abilities, professionalism and integrity in the 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada. Selected annually via a peer-review survey, only one lawyer is identified for each practice area in the evaluated cities. This designation reflects the high level of respect these lawyers have earned among their peers.
McCarthy Tétrault’s "Lawyer of the Year" professionals are as follows:
- François Amyot – Securities Law (Québec City)
- Richard Balfour – Securities Law (Vancouver)
- Cameron Belsher – Mergers & Acquisitions Law (Vancouver)
- Marc Dorion QC, Ad. E. – Energy Regulatory Law (Montréal)
- Garth Girvan – Mergers & Acquisitions Law (Toronto)
- David I.W. Hamer – Director and Officer Liability Practice (Toronto)
- Marie-Josée Hogue, Ad. E. – Bet-the-Company Litigation (Montréal)
- Donald Houston – Competition/Antitrust Law (Toronto)
- W. Niels Ortved – Medical Negligence (Toronto)
- Matthew Peters – Information Technology Law (Vancouver)
- Barry Sookman – Information Technology Law (Toronto)
- George Vegh – Energy Regulatory Law (Toronto)
Several of the above named lawyers have appeared as "Lawyer of the Year" in previous iterations of the guide, including François Amyot, Richard Balfour, Cameron Belsher, Garth Girvan, Matthew Peters and Barry Sookman.
First published in 2006, the Best Lawyers in Canada’s 2015 guide features more than 140 of the firm’s lawyers, 280 times, across 49 practice areas.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as in New York City and London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories