McCarthy Tétrault is named one of the world’s top 100 law firms
August 26, 2013
Toronto, August 26, 2013 — McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to announce that the firm and 78 of its lawyers are named in the 2013 edition of Who's Who Legal 100, an assessment by Law Business Research that identifies the world's top 100 law firms and their outstanding legal talent. McCarthy Tétrault’s recognized lawyers appear in 25 practice areas, with particularly strong showings in M&A, mining, commercial litigation, capital markets, competition and real estate.
The 2013 Who's Who Legal 100 list is Law Business Research’s second edition, considering such factors as client service, market recognition and market conditions. The publication’s comments about McCarthy Tétrault include the following:
- "The firm’s steadfast commitment to providing a quality service to its clients earns the firm a prestigious reputation in the international legal marketplace."
- "Universally regarded as a leader in the Canadian market for finance, litigation and real estate."
- "The firm’s success is attributable to its bold strategic choices. It has incorporated an integrated structure combining legal expertise with industry knowhow to better serve its clients."
- "M&A is a definite strength of the firm."
- "Excels in the field of mining law. Mining is a key sector of the Canadian economy and the firm provides the industry with practical strategies, innovative solutions and helps to resolve complicated disputes."
- "Receives strong recognition for its competition and internet, e-commerce and data protection expertise."
The Who's Who Legal 100 list is drawn from 17 years of independent research — conducted, among other methods, via interviews with leading lawyers and their clients in more than 140 jurisdictions. Further information is found at http://whoswholegal.com.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London,??UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as in New York City and London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories