Ten McCarthy Tétrault Lawyers Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Best Lawyers in Canada 2013
August 27, 2012
Toronto, August 27, 2012 — McCarthy Tétrault is proud to have 10 of its lawyers recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" in the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada. Only one lawyer in each practice area in each evaluated city can be named "Lawyer of the Year" for his or her abilities, professionalism and integrity.
McCarthy Tétrault’s recognized lawyers are as follows:
- Philippe Bélanger – Montréal Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Lawyer of the Year
- Cameron Belsher – Vancouver Corporate Lawyer of the Year
- Russell Benson – Vancouver Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
- John Boscariol – Toronto International Trade and Finance Lawyer of the Year
- Michel Deschamps – Montréal Structured Finance Lawyer of the Year
- Leonard Doust, QC – Vancouver Corporate and Commercial Litigation Lawyer of the Year
- Peter Grant – Toronto Communications Lawyer of the Year
- Pierre Jolin – Québec City Labour and Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Dirk Rueter – Toronto Structured Finance Lawyer of the Year
- Gérald Tremblay, QC, AdE – Montréal Defamation and Media Lawyer of the Year
For more than 25 years, Best Lawyers has compiled its lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer surveys. In Best Lawyers’ 2013 guide, 150 McCarthy Tétrault practitioners are recognized across 42 practice areas.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as in New York City and London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories