McCarthy Tétrault announces the fourth edition of Defending Class Actions in Canada: A Guide for Defendants
February 17, 2016
Sarah W. Corman
Elder C. Marques
Michael J.P. O'Brien
Julie K. Parla
H. Michael Rosenberg
Bryan G. West
Please click here to purchase this book. Available in English only.
Format: Soft Cover
Pages: Approx. 280
Price: $159 CDN
Toronto, February 17, 2016 — The fourth edition of Defending Class Actions in Canada: A Guide for Defendants is now available. McCarthy Tétrault lawyers offer valuable insights for business leaders and professionals exposed to class actions as well as their counsel. It outlines the procedural machinery of Canadian class actions and the law that governs them, provides strategic analysis on managing the risks they entail, and explains the most important recent developments and trends on a national and international scale.The fourth edition provides up-to-date information on:
- Practical and strategic advice for executives and legal counsel of corporations and institutions carrying on business in Canada and elsewhere at risk of being named as defendants in Canadian class actions
- Up-to-date insight on the trends in the types of class actions being brought in Canada
- Practical guidance on class action risk and specific strategies to protect businesses from class actions, including arbitration clauses, waiver clauses, recalls, apologies and other remedial programs
- Trends and strategic insight into certification issues and post-certification litigation
- Principles and strategies in relation to multi-jurisdictional issues, covering the latest in parallel proceedings, foreign defendants, global and national classes and enforcement issues.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as in New York City and London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories