Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Ottawa
University of Victoria
Gabriel Querry is an associate in our Litigation Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on white collar defence, regulatory compliance, judicial review of government actions and decisions, commercial litigation and class actions. He has developed special expertise in foreign and local anticorruption enforcement, debarment rules for public contracts, money laundering prevention, internal investigations and lobbying regulations.
Mr. Querry’s experience includes:
- conducting multijurisdictional internal investigations on allegations of corruption of foreign public officials, failure to observe international economic sanctions, controlled information theft and deficient control of transboundary movements of hazardous wastes;
- defending a construction company against an attempt to quash an authorization, issued by the Minister of the Environment, to a billion dollar construction project in the Province of Quebec;
- defending public corporations against accusations of bid-rigging, false advertising and tax non-compliance;
- advising corporations on the economic and penal consequences of criminal and regulatory accusations; and
- representing public corporations in criminal and regulatory investigations by federal and provincial authorities.
Mr. Querry obtained a civil law degree, with great distinction, from the University of Ottawa, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Victoria. Before being called to the Québec bar in 2012, he assisted the then Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Appeal, the Honourable Pierre Blais, in administrative law and national security law disputes. He also taught the law of nominate contracts, as a lecturer, at the University of Ottawa and acted as an advisor to the University of Ottawa representatives in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Competition.