Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
British Columbia, 2016
Madeleine Hawkins is an associate in our Real Property & Planning group in Vancouver. Her practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, financing, and property development matters.
Her recent experience includes:
- acting for various developers of residential and mixed use developments, including leasehold developments;
- acting for vendors and purchasers in the sale and purchase of multi-unit residential properties, commercial properties and bare lands;
- advising clients on land use and regulatory issues, including subdivision, zoning, rezoning, permitting and other issues relating to local government approval processes;
- advising clients on real property tenures and rights including tenures of and rights to use Crown land, First Nations’ lands and Indian reserve lands; and
- working with various governmental and regulatory authorities with respect to real estate development and land use issues.
Madeleine received a BA in International Studies from Simon Fraser University in 2012 and her JD from the University of British Columbia in 2015. She joined the firm as an articling student in 2015 and was called to the British Columbia bar in May, 2016.
Transactions & Cases
Parkland Fuel acquires Chevron Canada's downstream fuel business for C$1.5B