Lawyer Profile Detail
Kristen N. Haines
University of Calgary
Kristen Haines is an associate in our Business Law Group in Calgary and a member of our Energy Group. She regularly advises clients with respect to energy-related transactions in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and has built a legal practice that includes all aspects of energy law.
Kristen advises on a wide variety of matters, including:
- drafting and negotiating petroleum, natural gas and other energy-related asset purchase and sale transactions;
- acquisition, divestiture and projects due diligence;
- interpreting and resolving a wide variety of ownership operational issues arising between operators and co-owners of energy assets;
- analysis and advice on a variety of issues facing energy companies, including freehold lease issues, gross royalty trust issues, and land agreement issues; and
- negotiating and drafting contracts for the procurement of goods and services in the oil and gas sector.
Kristen is the current co-instructor of CAPLA's Administration of Freehold Mineral Rights course. She received her JD from the University of Calgary in 2011 and was called to the Alberta bar in 2012.
A Modernized Royalty Framework Addressing Competitive Realities and Opportunities in Alberta
Transactions & Cases
Shell divests oil sands interests in Canada in C$11.1B transaction
Point Loma Resources announces closing of joint venture funding deal with Salt Bush Energy
Enbridge Inc. completes C$37B acquisition of Spectra Energy Corp
Lightstream Resources Limited Announces Closing of Asset Sale to Ridgeback Resources Inc.
Spartan Energy Corp. acquires C$700M of assets from ARC Resources Ltd.
Chinese investors acquire Long Run Exploration
Quicksilver Resources sells part of Canadian assets