Lawyer Profile Detail
Osgoode Hall Law School
British Columbia, 2015
Steven Molnar is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver and previously practised in our Toronto office. His practice is principally focused on advising public and private companies and private equity firms on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, corporate finance and other corporate transactions and commercial arrangements. He also provides advice on corporate governance, securities regulatory compliance (including continuous disclosure obligations) and other general corporate matters and represents clients in a variety of industries, including technology, consumer products, mining, energy, financial services and manufacturing.
Steven’s recent experience includes acting for:
- Glencore plc in the sale of its 80% interest in the Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia and 90% interest in the Perkoa mine in Burkina Faso to Trevali Mining Corp. for aggregate consideration of US$400 million in cash and shares;
- Royal Gold, Inc. in the restructuring of its streaming interest in the Mount Milligan Mine related to Centerra Gold Inc.'s US$1.1 billion acquisition of Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc.;
- Orocobre Limited on the sale of lithium assets in Argentina to Advantage Lithium Corp. and the formation of a joint venture with respect to the Cauchari property;
- Timbercreek Mortgage Investment Corporation on the business combination with Timbercreek Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation to form Timbercreek Financial Corp.;
- Timbercreek Financial Corp. on public offerings of $45.8 million aggregate principal amount of 5.40% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures due July 31, 2021, $46 million aggregate principal amount of 5.45% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures due March 31, 2022 and $45 million aggregate principal amount of 5.30% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures due June 30, 2024;
- Appian Natural Resources Fund on its strategic investment in Harte Gold Corp.; and
- Glencore plc on the sale of a gold and silver stream in the Antapaccay mine in Peru to Franco-Nevada for US$500 million and certain ongoing payments.
Steven received his BA (First Class Honours) from Simon Fraser University in 2005 and his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2009. While attending law school, he was Managing Editor of the Osgoode Hall Law Journal.
Steven is called to the bars of British Columbia and Ontario. He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of British Columbia, the Vancouver Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Ontario Bar Association and the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada.
Transactions & Cases
Glencore plc sells its interests in the Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia and the Perkoa mine in Burkina Faso
Shell divests oil sands interests in Canada in C$11.1B transaction
Goldcorp completes US$450M sale of Los Filos Mine
Appian Natural Resources announces strategic investment in Harte Gold
Centerra Gold Inc. completes US$1.1B acquisition of Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc.
Franco-Nevada to acquire a precious metals stream from Glencore for US$500M
Taseko completes US$70M secured credit facility