Lawyer Profile Detail
Blake C. Jones
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Western Ontario
Blake Jones is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. He maintains a general corporate law practice with a focus on capital markets including corporate finance (debt and equity), structured finance, securitization, covered bonds, investment funds and mergers and acquisitions. Blake also advises public companies and investment funds on securities compliance and corporate governance matters.
- acting for GE Capital Canada Funding Company on its $5.15 billion debt tender offer;
- advising Partners REIT in connection with its rights offering for gross proceeds of over $20 million and in connection with the rescission of a $90 million property acquisition;
- acting for a private minority shareholder in its opposition to a going private transaction;
- acting for a number of Canadian financial institutions in international offerings made under their covered bond programs; and
- advising on a number of securitization programs covering the auto, equipment finance and collateralized loan asset classes.
During the last quarter of 2016, Blake held the position of Vice President, Legal at a large, global asset manager where he advised on legal and compliance matters relating to mutual funds, exchange traded funds and private funds.
Blake received his JD (with distinction) from Western Law in 2014. While at Western, Blake was on the Dean’s Honour List and received the Law Society of Upper Canada Prize for academic excellence. He has also served as a member of the Ontario Bar Association’s Board of Directors and as Chair of its Student Division.
Blake was called to the Ontario Bar in 2015. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.
McCarthy Tétrault advises GE Capital Canada Funding Company on landmark $5.15 billion debt tender offer
Transactions & Cases
CIBC completes €1.25B negative-yield covered bond offering – a first for any Canadian covered bond issuer