Lawyer Profile Detail
C. Mark McEwan
Mark McEwan is an associate in our Business Law Group. His practice focuses mainly on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and general commercial and corporate matters.
Mr. McEwan’s recent experience includes:
- a Canadian private placement of common shares of DAVIDsTEA Inc. completed concurrently with an initial public offering in the U.S.;
- acting for a syndicate of dealers in connection with the establishment of Saputo Inc.’s unsecured medium-term note program and with an initial offering of notes;
- the sale by Uni-Select Inc. of its US automotive parts business to an affiliate of Icahn Enterprises;
- a secondary private placement by National Bank of Canada of shares of Fiera Capital Corporation through a syndicate of underwriters led by National Bank Financial, GMP Securities and Scotiabank;
- acting for TECSYS Inc. in connection with its bought deal offering of common shares by way of a prospectus;
- advising public companies in connection with their continuous disclosure obligations in various sectors, including the transportation, telecommunications, banking, and renewable energy industries;
- advising various U.S. and European entities on reorganizations of their Canadian operations and subsidiaries;
- a private placement of unsecured notes by Molson Coors International LP; and
- representing both buyers and sellers in asset and share purchase transactions in various industries, including the wireless, telecommunications, and entertainment sectors.
Mr. McEwan graduated with great distinction in economics from McGill University in 2009 and from McGill’s Faculty of Law in 2013.
Transactions & Cases
Glencore plc sells its interests in the Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia and the Perkoa mine in Burkina Faso
Fairfax Africa Holdings completes IPO, Concurrent Private Placements and AFGRI Transaction for a total of US$500M
Molson Coors Completes Acquisition of Full Ownership of MillerCoors and Global Miller Brand Portfolio