Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Osgoode Hall Law School
New York, USA, 2006
Bobby Wang is a counsel in the Business Law Group in Toronto. He maintains a general business law practice including mining, financing, banking regulation and general corporate commercial law.
Mr. Wang’s experience includes:
- Advising large Chinese state-owned enterprises on their mining, financing and corporate M&A transactions;
- Advising large Chinese banks on their Schedule III foreign bank branch applications;
- Acting as in-house counsel for a large Canadian bank supporting its Canadian Banking operation;
- Advising various Schedule I Canadian banks and other financial institutions on their syndicated and bilateral secured lending transactions;
- Advising a large U.S. investment bank on their collateralized debt obligations; and
- Advising various U.S. and European investment banks on their derivative transactions.
Mr. Wang was born and raised in Shanghai, China and is fluent in Mandarin and Shanghainese. His current focus includes servicing clients from China and Hong Kong for mining, financing and corporate transactions.
Mr. Wang received his B.Comm. from University of Toronto in 2000 and his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School of York University in 2005. He was admitted to the bar in both Ontario and New York in 2006. He practiced law in both New York and Toronto and in both private practice and the law group of a large Canadian bank before joining McCarthy Tétrault in its Toronto Office in 2012.
Transactions & Cases
Bluesky Hotels and Resorts completes $2.1B acquisition of InnVest REIT
Northland Power completes C$88.5 million financing of two solar power projects
Hebei Iron & Steel Group finalizes C$119.9 million investment in Alderon
WISCO completes C$20 million joint venture with Century Iron in Attikamagen iron property
WGI Heavy Minerals completes C$15.45 million sale to Opta Minerals
Adriana Resources completes C$92 million joint venture agreement with WISCO
MagIndustries probed by RCMP over bribery allegations in Congo