Lawyer Profile Detail
Jody E. Aldcorn
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of British Columbia
Osgoode Hall Law School
British Columbia, 1998
Jody E. Aldcorn is a partner in the Vancouver office practising in the Business Law and Financial Services Group. Her practice is primarily focused in the areas of infrastructure, project finance and general corporate and commercial law.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Jody was the Director of Legal Services for the Vancouver International Airport Authority (YVR) where she oversaw virtually all aspects of its legal services, including construction and engineering, commercial development, and treasury and finance. She also acted as corporate secretary and lead counsel to Vantage Airport Group Ltd. ("Vantage"), one the world’s premier international airport operators.
RECENT TRANSACTIONS INCLUDE:
- advising Vantage as a member of the successful proponent for the $75 million redevelopment and operation of retail space at the Chicago Midway International Airport;
- advising Aecon Concessions in connection with the L.F. Wade International Airport Redevelopment Project, a $285 million, 30-year concession granted by the Government of Bermuda to finance, construct and operate a new airport terminal
- advising Vantage on the successful joint bid for the US$4 billion redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building Replacement Project;
- advising YVR in connection with a 2006 and 2007 issuances of $150 million of floating rate notes, $200 million of 12 year debentures and $200 of eight year debentures as well as a 2015 issuance of $200 million debentures and consent solicitation
- advising a lifestyle and athletic wear company on various credit facilities;
- advising lenders to the successful bidder for the Emily Carr University Project;
- advising a bidder on the Build Alberta Schools Construction Program Project;
- advising the successful bidder for the BC Children’s and BC Women’s Redevelopment Project;
- advising the lender to a bidder for the East Rail Maintenance Project;
- advising the lenders to the successful proponent for the Providence Care Hospital Project;
- advising a port authority on a credit facility;
- advising Vantage on the acquisition of a 65 per cent share in Peel Airports Limited, which included the airport assets of Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield and Durham Tees Valley airport;
- advising Vantage on a joint bid for the £1.18 billion purchase of Gatwick Airport;
- advising Vantage on a joint bid for the US$2.5 billion, 99-year lease contract to operate and develop the Chicago Midway Airport;
- advising YVR on the acquisition by Citi Infrastructure Investors of 50 per cent of Vantage’s shares;
- negotiating and advising Vantage on a transaction with the Government of The Bahamas for the development and management of Lynden Pindling International Airport and the management, design and construction of a $400 million upgrade to the airport terminal facilities;
- advising YVR on its acquisition of 55 per cent of Vantage's shares from a subsidiary of CDC Group PLC, a plc wholly-owned by the UK government’s Department for International Development.
Jody is a frequent speaker at various events and conferences on airport related matters, including, most recently, the Global Airport Development Conference, a Canadian Embassy seminar on Public-Private Partnership Models for Airports and a firm sponsored event on the potential privatization of Canada’s Airports.
Jody was the co-recipient of the 2008 Canadian General Counsel Award in the Tomorrow's Leader category.
Jody received her LLB in 1997 from the University of British Columbia and her LLM, Tax Law from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2005. She was called to the British Columbia bar in 1998. She has successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Tax Course (Parts I through III).
Transactions & Cases
InstarAGF Essential Infrastructure Fund Partners acquire stake in Skyservice Investments Inc.
Vantage Airport Group to redevelop the Chicago Midway International Airport
L.F. Wade International Airport Redevelopment Project achieves financial close
LaGuardia Gateway Partners Closes on US$4 Billion Project to Redevelop and Operate New York’s LaGuardia Airport
Vancouver Airport Authority Completes $200 Million Debenture Offering and Consent Solicitation
Air Rail Link Spur Line Project Reaches Financial Close