Lawyer Profile Detail
Ayse Dalli is a partner in our Litigation Group in Montréal. Her practice focuses mainly on civil and commercial litigation, including professional liability, administrative law, construction law and product liability. She regularly pleads before the civil courts in Quebec as well as administrative and professional tribunals.
Ms. Dalli has a wide range of civil and commercial litigation experience, including with respect to representing and/or advising the following types of clients:
- Professionals, including doctors, in malpractice litigation and disciplinary matters;
- Financial institutions in complex and high-profile litigation matters, including injunctions ;
- Real estate, transportation and construction companies in various litigation matters and disputes, including deficiency claims, contractual disputes, negotiation of contracts, insurance coverage issues and arbitration proceedings;
- Universities with internal and external disputes, including litigious matters and administrative law issues;
- American companies and law firms on Quebec law and civil procedure, particularly with respect to product liability;
Ms. Dalli is an active member of the firm’s Recruitment Committee, Pro Bono Committee and is the firm’s regional representative for Women’s Executive Network ("WXN") events. She is co-chair of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Circle, an initiative she piloted to promote women leaders within the firm. She was voted as Mentor of the Year to summer and articling students in 2012, and has been nominated for the same recognition in 2013 and 2014. Ms. Dalli also co-chairs the annual Guy-Guérin Mooting Competition on trial advocacy skills, which is sponsored by the Advocates' Society and the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Ms. Dalli received her BCL and her LL.B. from McGill University in 2002. Prior to that, she received her BA (Honours in Political Science/Minor in Canadian Studies) from McGill University (1998). Ms. Dalli was called to the Québec bar in 2004. Ms. Dalli speaks fluent English, French and Turkish.
Cost Awards: The Declining Role of Indemnity
McCarthy Tétrault Names Mentoring Award Winners