Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 2005
Conrad Rego is a partner in our Real Property & Planning Group in Vancouver. His practice is focused on all aspects of commercial real estate, with a particular emphasis on real estate financing. Conrad regularly advises significant institutional and private landlords, developers, investors and lenders on a variety of residential, commercial, mixed-use and comprehensive projects.
His experience includes:
- representing an institutional seller of a neighbourhood shopping centre in downtown New Westminster;
- representing a private seller of a large retail property on Robson Street in downtown Vancouver;
- representing private and institutional owners and lenders on the purchase and finance of significant office towers in downtown Vancouver;
- representing an institutional owner on the sale of significant development land in Victoria;
- representing sellers and lenders in connection with the sale and finance of various luxury hotels in downtown Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa;
- representing groups of Canadian chartered banks in connection with the establishment of construction loan credit facilities relating to a major, mixed-use property development projects in British Columbia and Ontario;
- representing life insurance companies and Canadian chartered banks in connection with the term finance of various key office and retail projects;
- representing major developers in connection with the acquisition of development sites and the development of condominium projects, including phased leasehold and mixed-use projects;
- representing an institutional landlord on the lease of a warehouse facility to a major US distributor;
- advising the proponent for the South Fraser Perimeter Road project in British Columbia; and
- advising lenders to the proponent for the Route 1 Gateway Project in New Brunswick.
Conrad is listed in the current edition of The Legal 500 - Canada as a Next Generation Lawyer in the area of real estate law. Conrad has also been recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of property leasing and as a leading infrastructure lawyer in Lexpert’s 2015 Special Edition on Infrastructure.
Conrad joined the firm as a student in 2003. He received a BA in History and Economics from the University of British Columbia (2001) and his LLB/JD from the University of British Columbia (2004). Mr. Rego was called to the British Columbia bar in May, 2005.
Conrad is on the Board of Directors of NAIOP (Vancouver Chapter) and a Past President of Ascend Canada (Vancouver Chapter). He is also a member of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC), the Real Property and Banking Sections of the Canadian Bar Association, the Vancouver Bar Association and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Limitation Periods for Demand Promissory Notes: Something Old and Something New
Increased Strength and Presence for McCarthy Tétrault’s Real Property Group in Vancouver
Transactions & Cases
Bluesky Hotels and Resorts completes $2.1B acquisition of InnVest REIT
Leon's completes C$700 million acquisition of The Brick
CIBC completes C$175 million loan facility for Catalyst Paper
Bentall Kennedy acquires Bentall V tower in downtown Vancouver
Pender Financial completes C$11.28 million acquisition of securities in Icron Technologies
Northland Properties purchases Sutton Place Hotels in Vancouver and Edmonton for C$197.5 million
Innergex Renewable Energy completes C$417 million acquisition of Cloudworks Energy
Concert Real Estate acquires 1.1 million square foot warehouse/distribution building in Brampton
Gosfield Wind Financial Corporation completes financing of a wind farm project
Dokie Wind Power Project completes C$175 million financing