Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 2005
Conrad Rego is a partner in our Real Property & Planning Group in Vancouver. His practice is focused on commercial real estate acquisitions, sales, development and leasing, and banking, corporate and commercial lending, project finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance transactions.
Mr. Rego regularly advises developers on a variety of residential, commercial, mixed-use and comprehensive projects, proponents of infrastructure projects, including transportation and energy projects and Canadian financial institutions, whether provincially or federally chartered, and foreign banks on secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated financing transactions, particularly with respect to commercial real estate and infrastructure.
His experience includes:
- representing a diversified real-estate enterprise in the acquisition of eight industrial portfolios;
- advising the proponent for the South Fraser Perimeter Road project in British Columbia;
- advising lenders to the proponent for the Route 1 Gateway Project in New Brunswick;
- representing a charitable society in its purchase and acquisition financing of seniors’ care and independent living facilities located in British Columbia;
- representing a mortgage corporation in connection with the establishment of a construction loan credit facility relating to a major, mixed-use property development project in Vancouver, British Columbia;
- representing a private company purchaser in its purchase and refinancing of a portfolio of industrial and commercial properties located in Ontario;
- representing a group of Canadian chartered banks in connection with the establishment of a construction loan credit facility relating to a major, mixed-use property development project in Toronto, Ontario;
- preparing subdivision, homeowners association, golf club and hotel documentation for a master-planned community in Cranbrook, British Columbia;
- representing major developers in connection with the acquisition of development sites and the development of condominium projects, including phased and mixed-use projects; and
- major acquisition financings, construction financings, infrastructure financings and cross-border financings.
Mr. Rego is recognized in the 2016 edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to the leading law firms and practitioners in Canada, as a leading lawyer in the area of property leasing. He was identified as a leading infrastructure lawyer in Lexpert’s 2015 Special Edition on Infrastructure.
Mr. Rego joined the firm as a student in 2003. He received a BA in History and Economics from the University of British Columbia (2001) and his LLB from the University of British Columbia (2004). Mr. Rego was called to the British Columbia bar in May, 2005.
Mr. Rego is on the Board of Directors of NAIOP (Vancouver Chapter) and a Past President of Ascend (Vancouver Chapter). He is also a member of FACL BC, the Real Property and Banking Sections of the Canadian Bar Association, the Vancouver Bar Association and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Limitation Periods for Demand Promissory Notes: Something Old and Something New
Increased Strength and Presence for McCarthy Tétrault’s Real Property Group in Vancouver
Transactions & Cases
Bluesky Hotels and Resorts completes $2.1B acquisition of InnVest REIT
Leon's completes C$700 million acquisition of The Brick
CIBC completes C$175 million loan facility for Catalyst Paper
Bentall Kennedy acquires Bentall V tower in downtown Vancouver
Pender Financial completes C$11.28 million acquisition of securities in Icron Technologies
Northland Properties purchases Sutton Place Hotels in Vancouver and Edmonton for C$197.5 million
Innergex Renewable Energy completes C$417 million acquisition of Cloudworks Energy
Concert Real Estate acquires 1.1 million square foot warehouse/distribution building in Brampton
Gosfield Wind Financial Corporation completes financing of a wind farm project
Dokie Wind Power Project completes C$175 million financing