Lawyer Profile Detail
Fraser Bourne is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, capital markets transactions and corporate governance.
Mr. Bourne is listed as a leading lawyer in the latest edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the category of Corporate Mid-Market.
Mr. Bourne holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Queen's University and graduated from McGill University's Faculty of Law with BCL and LLB degrees in 2004. He was called to the Québec Bar in 2006.
Recent M&A transactions
Mr. Bourne’s recent experience in M&A transactions includes:
- Acting as counsel to BCE Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. by way of plan of arrangement and the subsequent transfer of certain wireless subscribers to TELUS Corporation;
- Acting as counsel to Nord Gold SE in connection with its acquisition of Northquest Ltd. by way of takeover bid;
- Acting as counsel to Uni-Select Inc. in connection with the sale of its U.S. automotive parts distribution business to an affiliate of Icahn Enterprises;
- Acting as counsel to BCE Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Astral Media Inc. and several related divestitures;
Mr. Bourne’s recent experience in capital markets transactions includes:
- Acting as counsel to the underwriters in connection with a bought deal subscription receipt offering by Intact Financial Corporation for proceeds of $360 million;
- Acting as counsel to the dealers in connection with medium term note offerings by Intact Financial Corporation;
- Acting as counsel to the underwriters in connection with a bought deal equity offering by BCE Inc. for proceeds of $862 million;
- Acting as counsel to the dealers in connection with Saputo Inc.’s offering of $300 million principal amount of 2.654% unsecured medium term notes
Proposed Changes to Takeover Bid Regime in Canada Would Put More Time in the Hands of Target Boards
New Rules for Marketing of Public Securities Offerings
Industry Canada Says It Will Give Exemptions to CBCA Issuers Wishing to Use Notice-and-Access for Proxy Materials
New Notice-and-Access Process – Streamlined Delivery of Proxy Materials, but Use With Care!
Use of Shareholder Rights Plans in Take-over Bids
McCarthy Tétrault on both Québec IPOs listed among "Canada's Top 10 for 2007"
Transactions & Cases
Intact Financial Corporation completes C$150M Preferred Share Offering
Intact Financial Corporation completes C$754M Subscription Receipt Offering comprised of C$414M Bought Deal and C$340M Private Placement
BCE announces agreement to acquire Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS) for C$3.9B
Réseau Sélection invests $2 billion to build 30 new projects in Quebec
Saputo offering of C$300 million of unsecured Medium Term Notes
Thallion Pharmaceuticals completes C$6.266 million sale to BELLUS Health
Bell Media completes C$3.38 billion acquisition of Astral Media
KP Tissue completes C$140 million initial public offering
Rio Tinto completes US$151 million sale of Alcan Cable to General Cable
GéoMégA completes C$1.5 million bridge financing