Lawyer Profile Detail
Fraser Bourne is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal. He has a corporate practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate finance and corporate governance.
Mr. Bourne has recently been involved in acting for:
- Uni-Select Inc. in connection with the sale of its U.S. automotive parts distribution business to an affiliate of Icahn Enterprises for $340 million USD;
- The underwriters in connection with the public offering by Saputo Inc. of $300 million of 2.654% unsecured medium term notes;
- The underwriters in connection with the public offering by Bell Canada of $500 million of MTN Debentures pursuant to its MTN program;
- BCE Inc. in connection with its $3.38 billion acquisition of Astral Media Inc. and several related divestitures;
- KP Tissue Inc. in connection with its $140 million initial public offering of common shares;
- Mason Capital in its proxy contest with TELUS Corporation relating to the collapse of TELUS’ dual-class structure;
- Kruger Products L.P. in connection with its $ 175 million high yield note offering by way of private placement;
- Uni-Select in connection with the acquisition of FinishMaster for approximately $210 million USD and related prospectus offering of approximately $103 million;
- Dow Corning Corporation in its acquisition of a 49% equity interest in a joint venture entity which owns silicon metal operations in Bécancour, Quebec;
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. in connection with its strategic combination with Innergex Power Income Fund;
- Molson Coors Brewing Company in the sale of its interest in the Montreal Canadiens and the Gillett Entertainment Group to the Molson brothers' partnership;
- Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. as the target in a hostile take-over bid (ultimately a negotiated acquisition) by Microsemi Corporation;
Mr. Bourne holds a bachelor degree in political science and philosophy from Queen's University. He graduated from McGill University's Faculty of Law with BCL and LLB degrees in 2004 and was called to the Québec Bar in 2006.
Proposed Changes to Takeover Bid Regime in Canada Would Put More Time in the Hands of Target Boards
New Rules for Marketing of Public Securities Offerings
Industry Canada Says It Will Give Exemptions to CBCA Issuers Wishing to Use Notice-and-Access for Proxy Materials
New Notice-and-Access Process – Streamlined Delivery of Proxy Materials, but Use With Care!
Use of Shareholder Rights Plans in Take-over Bids
McCarthy Tétrault on both Québec IPOs listed among "Canada's Top 10 for 2007"
Transactions & Cases
Intact Financial Corporation completes C$754M Subscription Receipt Offering comprised of C$414M Bought Deal and C$340M Private Placement
Réseau Sélection invests $2 billion to build 30 new projects in Quebec
Saputo offering of C$300 million of unsecured Medium Term Notes
Thallion Pharmaceuticals completes C$6.266 million sale to BELLUS Health
Bell Media completes C$3.38 billion acquisition of Astral Media
KP Tissue completes C$140 million initial public offering
Rio Tinto completes US$151 million sale of Alcan Cable to General Cable
GéoMégA completes C$1.5 million bridge financing
Zarlink Semiconductor completes C$635 million sale to Microsemi Corporation
Kruger Products completes C$175 million high yield note offering