Lawyer Profile Detail
Cameron F. Schepp
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Manitoba
Cam Schepp is a partner in our Business Law Group in Calgary. He regularly advises clients on both corporate and securities matters with a focus on corporate finance. He has acted for a number of private and public companies and has experience in assisting clients with both equity and debt financings, asset and share transactions, reorganizations and other corporate commercial transactions.
Mr. Schepp also regularly advises underwriters and investment dealers with respect to public and private financings and regularly advises public entities with respect to corporate governance matters, compliance and reporting obligations.
In January 2012, Mr. Schepp was the moderator of a panel discussion on "Accessing Local and International Capital Markets" at the Oil Council's Latin America Assembly in Bogotá, Colombia. The Assembly brings together Latin America’s oil and gas, investment and finance communities with Canadian capital markets service providers.
Mr. Schepp is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Calgary Bar Association and Law Society of Alberta. He received his LLB from the University of Manitoba in 2002 and was called to the Alberta bar in 2003.
Recently, Mr. Schepp has acted in respect of the following transactions:
- Counsel to Stuart Olson Inc. in their bought deal financing of $80.5 million aggregate principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures via short form prospectus.
- Slyce Inc. in its private placement of subscription receipts, reverse take-over of Oculus Ventures Corporation and TSX Venture Exchange listing. Total enterprise valuation of $60 million.
- Counsel to Alder Ridge Resources Ltd. in its formation and concurrent private equity capital raise transaction.
- Counsel to a syndicate of underwriters in their bought deal financing of $75 million aggregate principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures in Long Run Exploration Ltd. via short form prospectus.
- Counsel to Surge Energy Inc. in its $55 million bought deal financing of subscription receipts convertible into common shares via short form prospectus.
- Counsel to ASAT Solutions Inc., a Calgary, Alberta, based substation automation solutions provider, in its sale to Alstom Grid for an undisclosed amount of cash consideration. Alstom Group is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure.
- Team Counsel to Sunshine Oilsands Ltd. in its $580 million initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Sunshine Oilsands was the first Canadian oilsands company to list on the HKSE.
- Counsel to Welltec Canada Inc. in its asset acquisition of Endeavor E-line Services, the wireline business division of Essential Energy Services, Ltd. for an undisclosed amount of cash consideration.
- Counsel to Porto Energy Corp. in its initial public offering of common shares valued at $70 million and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange. This is the first public offering for a company engaged in the onshore exploration of Portuguese oil and gas resources.
- Canadian counsel to Anglo American Plc in the sale of its Moly-Cop and AltaSteel businesses to an Australian steel manufacturer for US $1.08 billion.
- Team counsel to Eagle Energy Trust in its initial public offering of trust units valued at $150 million and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange. This initial public offering was the first public offering of an income fund since the introduction of the SIFT taxation rules by the Minister of Finance (Canada) on October 31, 2006 and is designed to fall outside the SIFT rules as the result of owning non-Canadian oil and gas assets. Eagle's public offering is considered a precedent setting capital markets development of tax efficient yield producing investments available to Canadian investors.
McCarthy Tétrault Assists Sunshine Oilsands Through Hong Kong IPO
Transactions & Cases
Anatolia Energy completes sale to Cub Energy
Stem Cell Therapeutics closes C$3.1 million unit offering
Sunshine Oilsands completes C$580 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Anatolia Energy completes C$71 million business combination with Bolivar Energy
Amaya Gaming Group completes C$22.77 million acquisition of Chartwell Technology
Porto Energy completes C$70 million initial public offering
Anglo American completes US$1.08 billion sale of Moly-Cop and AltaSteel to OneSteel
Eagle Energy Trust completes initial public offering
Bankers Petroleum completes bought deal short form prospectus offering
Citadel Capital and National Petroleum affiliates complete C$824.5 million acquisition of Rally Energy