Lawyer Profile Detail
Cameron F. Schepp
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Manitoba
Cam Schepp is a partner in our Business Law Group in Calgary. He regularly advises clients on both corporate and securities matters with a focus on corporate finance. He has acted for a number of private and public companies and has experience in assisting clients with equity financings, asset and share transactions, reorganizations and other Corporate Commercial transactions.
Mr. Schepp also regularly advises underwriters and investment dealers with respect to public and private financings and regularly advises public entities with respect to corporate governance matters, compliance and reporting obligations.
In January 2012, Mr. Schepp was the moderator of a panel discussion on "Accessing Local and International Capital Markets" at the Oil Council's Latin America Assembly in Bogotá, Colombia. The Assembly brings together Latin America’s oil and gas, investment and finance communities with Canadian capital markets service providers.
Mr. Schepp is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Calgary Bar Association and Law Society of Alberta. He received his LLB from the University of Manitoba in 2002 and was called to the Alberta bar in 2003.
Recently, Mr. Schepp has acted in respect of the following transactions:
- Counsel to Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp., a publically-listed biopharmaceutical company developing cancer stem-cell-related therapeutics, in its prospectus supplement offering of units. The unit financing served to fulfill a condition precedent to, among other things, the acquisition by Stem Cell of Trillium Therapeutics Inc., a private biopharmaceutical company specializing in immune regulation and cytoprotection. (2013)
- Counsel to ASAT Solutions Inc., a Calgary, Alberta based substation automation solutions provider, in its sale to Alstom Grid for an undisclosed amount of cash consideration. Alstom Group is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure. (2012).
- Counsel to Anatolia Energy Corp. in its first short form prospectus offering. Pursuant to the offering and exercise of over-allotment option, Anatolia Energy Corp. issued 69,000,000 Units, with each Unit being comprised of one common share and one common share purchase warrant. Anatolia is an international oil and gas company engaged in the exploration and development of its land holdings in Turkey (2012).
- Team Counsel to Sunshine Oilsands Ltd. in its $580 million initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Sunshine Oilsands was the first Canadian oilsands company to list on the HKSE (2012).
- Counsel to Welltec Canada Inc. in its asset acquisition of Endeavor E-line Services, the wireline business division of Essential Energy Services, Ltd. for an undisclosed amount of cash consideration (2012).
- Counsel to Anatolia Energy Corp. in its reverse take over of Bolivar Energy Corp. and consequential listing on the TSX Venture Exchange. Anatolia Energy Corp. is an international oil and gas company engaged in the exploration and development of its land holdings in Turkey and Colombia. The combined value of the transaction was approximately $60 million (2011).
- Counsel to Porto Energy Corp. in its initial public offering of common shares valued at $70 million and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange. This is the first public offering for a company engaged in the onshore exploration of Portuguese oil and gas resources (2011).
- Canadian counsel to Anglo American Plc in the sale of its Moly-Cop and AltaSteel businesses to an Australian steel manufacturer for US $1.08 billion (2010).
- Team counsel to Eagle Energy Trust in its initial public offering of trust units valued at $150 million and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange. This initial public offering was the first public offering of an income fund since the introduction of the SIFT taxation rules by the Minister of Finance (Canada) on October 31, 2006 and is designed to fall outside the SIFT rules as the result of owning non-Canadian oil and gas assets. Eagle's public offering is considered a precedent setting capital markets development of tax efficient yield producing investments available to Canadian investors (2010).
- Co-counsel to Bankers Petroleum Ltd. in its $100 million public offering of common shares via short form prospectus (2010).
McCarthy Tétrault Assists Sunshine Oilsands Through Hong Kong IPO
Transactions & Cases
Anatolia Energy Corp. completes sale to Cub Energy Inc.
Stem Cell Therapeutics closes C$3.1 million unit offering
Sunshine Oilsands completes C$580 million initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Anatolia Energy Corp. completes business combination with Bolivar Energy Corp.
Amaya Gaming Group Inc. acquires Chartwell Technology Inc.
Initial public offering of Porto Energy Corp.
Anglo American sells Moly-Cop and AltaSteel to OneSteel for US$1.08 billion
Initial public offering of Eagle Energy Trust
Bankers Petroleum Ltd. Bought Deal Short Form Prospectus Offering
Citadel Capital and National Petroleum affiliate acquires Rally Energy Corp.