Lawyer Profile Detail
Leonard T. Doust, Q.C.
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 1967
Leonard Doust, Q.C.* is associate counsel to the Vancouver office, practising in the Litigation Group. His practice includes criminal law, securities law and general civil litigation.
Leonard is featured in numerous publications, such as:
- Leonard is ranked in the current edition of Chambers Canada as a leading lawyer in the area of Dispute Resolution;
- The current edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of bet-the-company litigation, corporate and commercial litigation, criminal defense, director and officer liability practice, and securities law (Mr. Doust has appeared in this directory consecutively since 2006);
- The current edition of Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of securities litigation;
- 2015 Benchmark Canada, The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a local litigation star (British Columbia) in the area of criminal litigation and securities;
- 2015 Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading lawyer in the area of Dispute Resolution;
- 2016 Chambers Canada as a leading lawyer in the area of Dispute Resolution;
- 2016 The Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation, criminal defence, director and officer liability, bet-the company litigation, and securities law;
- 2015 Who’s Who Legal: Canada in the area of Business Crime Defence;
- 2008 Guide to the World’s Leading White Collar Crime Lawyers, published by The Legal Media Group.
Leonard is the recipient of numerous awards in recognition of his contributions to the legal profession, including:
- 2011 CBABC President’s Medal;
- 2009 Third Annual Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award;
- 2009 Lawyer Helping Lawyer Award, Lawyers Assistance Program of British Columba; and
- 2008 UBC Law School Alumni Award of Distinction.
Leonard received his LLB from the University of British Columbia in 1966. He was called to the British Columbia bar in 1967.
Leonard is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
McCarthy Tétrault’s Leonard Doust honoured by CBA Vancouver Criminal Law Subsection
McCarthy Tétrault lawyers named Lawyer of the Year in The Best Lawyers in Canada
Ten McCarthy Tétrault Lawyers Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Best Lawyers in Canada 2013
Leonard T. Doust, QC Honoured With Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award