Lawyer Profile Detail
Andrew Armstrong is a partner in the Business Law Group in Toronto.
Andrew’s practice is principally focused on the following areas:
- Acting for investment managers and underwriters with respect to the establishment of investment products including listed investment funds, structured products, pooled funds, mutual funds and linked notes.
- Acting for issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private equity and debt financing transactions.
- Advising buyers and sellers with respect to private merger and acquisition transactions.
Andrew has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Band 1 – Investment Funds)
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the 500 Leading Lawyers in Canada
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in Corporate Finance & Securities, Investment Funds & Asset Management and Mergers and Acquisitions
- PLC Cross Border Capital Markets Handbook
- The Best Lawyers in Canada
Andrew received his LLB from Dalhousie University in 1996, and was called to the Ontario bar in 1998. He received a BAH (Political Studies) from Queen’s University in 1992.
The Finish Line: CSA Publishes Proposed Amendments in Final Phase of Modernization of Investment Fund Product Regulation
Amendments to TSX Company Manual Regarding Closed-end Funds, Exchange Traded Products and Structured Products
Proposed Amendments to TSX Company Manual Regarding Closed-end Funds, Exchange Traded Products and Structured Products
Canadian Securities Administrators Propose Significant Changes to the Prospectus Pre-Marketing and Marketing Regime
Transactions & Cases
Enbridge Inc. Transfers Canadian Liquid Pipelines Business and Renewable Energy Assets to Enbridge Income Fund for C$30.4 billion
CTC and Kilmer Developments to develop gas bars and convenience stores for Ontario's highway service centres
MRF 2015 Resource Limited Partnership announces prospectus
DoubleLine Income Solutions Trust completes C$80 million initial public offering
Aston Hill Capital Markets announces ING High Income Floating Rate Fund's C$80 million initial public offering
Norrep Short Duration 2013 Flow-Through Limited Partnership raises C$27.1 million
Moneda LatAm Growth Fund completes C$32 million initial public offering
Excel Latin America Bond Fund II completes C$50.4 million initial public offering
ING Diversified Floating Rate Senior Loan Fund completes C$184 million initial public offering
Moneda LatAm Fixed Income Fund completes C$66 million follow-on offering