Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de l'Alberta
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Finding practical solutions that work for her clients and their business goals is a hallmark of Andrea’s M&A and securities practice
Andrea Whyte is a partner in our Calgary office whose practice is focussed on Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), as well as corporate finance and securities and private equity frequently advising clients in the energy and mining sectors. Andrea is dedicated to providing her clients pragmatic business and legal advice, being creative and service oriented, but never losing sight of their objectives.
With extensive corporate finance experience on domestic equity and debt financing, Andrea has been involved in a number of cross border public offerings and private placements. Her significant M&A experience include acquisitions by way of take-over bid, share purchase agreement, plans of arrangement and amalgamation. Andrea has led several reorganizations, including those in multiple foreign jurisdictions. In addition to M&A and securities, work, Andrea’s practice also includes corporate governance matters such as the preparation of disclosure and advising on best practices, executive compensation and general corporate matters.
Recent transactions of note include acting for:
- Tervita Corporation, in its $3.5 billion recapitalization transaction under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Trident Exploration Corp. in its $300 million recapitalization transaction under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Independent Committee of Board of Directors of Zedi Inc. in its sale to a management led group
- 2SV Capital, Tuckerman Capital and Right Lane Capital in their acquisition of Galvanic Applied Sciences Inc
- NOVA Chemicals Corporation in its $500 million issuance of 5.25% Senior Notes due 2023
- URS Corporation in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Flint Energy Services Ltd
- Winsway Coking Coal Holdings Limited and Marubeni Corporation in their $1 billion acquisition of Grande Cache Coal Corporation
- Canadian Oil Sands Trust in its conversion into a corporate structure
- Wentworth Resources Limited in connection with its rights offering, Norwegian public offering and AIM listing
Andrea is recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of Securities Law by The Best Lawyers in Canada and in 2012 was named a "Leading Canadian Corporate Lawyers to Watch" by the Lexpert Guide to Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers. She is a member of the Securities Advisory Committee of the Alberta Securities Commission.
Andrea Whyte se joint à McCarthy Tétrault à Calgary