Profil d'un avocat
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Calgary
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Ron Mar is a partner in our Tax Group in Calgary. His practise emphasises on the design and use of strategies intended to maximize the income tax efficiency of businesses. He has extensive experience with mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, financings and reorganizations undertaken by public and private entities in the Canadian resource sector. He also regularly advises domestic and international clients on cross border investments, investments by tax exempt entities and the structure of energy ventures.
Ron is consistently recognized by Chamber Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers Canada and the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in corporate tax and by Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of tax law.
Ron is a past Governor and executive committee member of the Canadian Tax Foundation. He is also a former Director and Vice President of the Canadian Petroleum Tax Society.
Ron received his LLB from the University of Calgary in 1993 where he was the gold medallist. Prior to attending law school, he obtained a degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Alberta and worked as an engineer in the resource sector.
- Conversion of Carlton Trail Limited Partnership into two mutual fund trusts;
- Enerplus Resources Fund's conversion from an income trust to a $5.6 billion TSX and NYSE listed corporation;
- Tax counsel to OMERS Energy Services LP in connection with an acquisition of oil and gas assets and related facilities from Glencoe Resources Ltd.;
- Penn West Energy Trust's asset disposition to and related shale gas joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation;
- Canoe Financial's acquisition of the EnerVest group of fund management companies;
- $1.6 billion acquisition of Grey Wolf Inc. by Precision Drilling Trust;
- Acquisition and privatization of Thunder Energy Trust by Aston Hill Financial and Infra - PSP Canada;
- Sale by Enerplus Resources Fund of its interest in the Joslyn Oil Sands project to Occidental Petroleum Corporation for US$500 million; and
- $7.6 billion merger of Enerplus Resources Fund and Focus Energy Trust.
McCarthy Tétrault étend sa pratique du droit fiscal, pétrolier et gazier à Calgary
Transactions et causes
Shell cède ses intérêts dans l’exploitation des sables bitumineux au Canada
BCE annonce une entente visant l’acquisition de Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS), pour la somme de 3,9 G$ CA
Enbridge Inc. acquiert Spectra Energy Corp pour 37 G$ CA
Acquisition de Long Run Exploration par des investisseurs chinois
Enbridge Inc. transfère son entreprise canadienne de pipelines de liquides et des actifs d’énergie renouvelable canadiens à Enbridge Income Fund en contrepartie de 30,4 milliards de dollars canadiens
Grafton investit un autre 100 millions $ CA dans le capital d’une coentreprise de 244 millions $ CA.
Rio Tinto PLC acquiert Hathor Exploration