Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Heidi Gordon is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto.
Her core practice involves advising on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and capital markets transactions. She also provides advice to public company clients and institutional investors on corporate governance and ongoing securities law requirements. Clients rely on Heidi for her practical approach to solving challenges and negotiating transactions of all sizes.
Heidi received a BA (Hons.) in Philosophy and Ethics from The University of Western Ontario in 2005, and a JD from Queen’s University in 2010. While at Queen’s, she was on the Dean's List, received the David Sabbath Prize in Corporate Finance and was an associate editor of the Queen’s Law Journal.
In 2014, she completed a part-time, six-month secondment with TSX-listed software company, Constellation Software Inc., during which time she advised on matters related primarily to M&A, securities law and corporate governance. In 2015, Ms. Gordon completed a six-month secondment with the Office of Mergers & Acquisitions at the Ontario Securities Commission, during which time she participated in the oversight of a number of M&A transactions and other matters involving public companies, and worked on a number of policy projects in the areas of M&A and shareholder rights, including the changes to Canada’s take-over bid regime, which came into effect in 2016.
Heidi is the Chief Editor of the McCarthy Tétrault M&A blog, Canadian M&A Perspectives, and she frequently speaks and writes on securities law, M&A and related topics. She is a past recipient of the Firm’s Mentor of the Year Award and is the past Chair of the Firm’s Toronto Associates Committee. Heidi also teaches a seminar on public M&A for the advanced securities law programs at the University of Windsor and the University of Western Ontario.
Heidi has experience in a number of industries, including technology, Fintech, financial services and real estate.
Heidi was called to the Ontario bar in 2011. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association and Women in Capital Markets.
RECENT M&A TRANSACTIONS
Heidi has recently advised:
- U.S. financial institution, SunTrust Bank in connection with the sale and distribution of certain assets of Tricon Television and Films to California-based, Sonar Entertainment
- DATA Communications Management Corp. on the acquisitions of Thistle Printing Limited and Eclipse Colour & Imaging Corp.
- Direct Energy on the sale of its Airtron Canada business to a to a wholly-owned subsidiary of GDI Integrated Facility Services Inc. and on the sale of its Ontario home services business to EnerCare Inc.
- Bluesky Hotels and Resorts on its acquisition of InnVest REIT
- Slate Retail REIT on its acquisition of Slate U.S. Opportunity (No.3) Realty Trust
- An American technology company on its acquisition of TransGaming Inc.’s game porting group and related technology
- CIBC on the sale of its Aeroplan credit card portfolio to TD Bank
RECENT CAPITAL MARKETS TRANSACTIONS
Heidi has recently advised:
- Jamieson Wellness Inc. on its initial public offering of common shares
- An American technology company on its investment in Element AI’s Series A Funding Round
- Slate Office REIT on a number of bought deal equity and subscription receipt public offerings
- Summit Industrial Income REIT on a number of bought deal equity public offerings
- Slate Retail REIT on a number of bought deal equity public offerings
- Constellation Software Inc. on rights offerings of debentures
Parus sur nos blogues
Transactions et causes
Jamieson Wellness Inc. réalise un premier appel public à l’épargne
Bluesky Hotels and Resorts réalise l’acquisition de FPI InnVest pour 2,1 G$
Direct Energy vend son entreprise ontarienne de services aux foyers et aux petites entreprises à Enercare pour 550 M $CA
CIBC réalise la vente au montant de 3,3 G $CA de 50 % de son portefeuille de cartes Aéro Or VISA à la Banque TD
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust clôt son placement de débentures de 100 millions $ CA.
Clôture du placement de débentures de premier rang non garanties de série J de 150 millions $ CA de Calloway REIT.
Financière Manuvie réalise un placement d’actions privilégiées de 200 millions $ CA.
Calloway REIT clôture son placement de débentures de premier rang non garanties de série I de 150 millions $ CA.
Apollo Global Management réalise l’acquisition au montant de 2,4 milliards $ US de l’entreprise pédagogique de McGraw-Hill.
Summit Industrial Income REIT émet pour 75,1 millions $ CA de parts et acquiert pour 177 millions $ CA d’actif immobilier.