Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de la Colombie-Britannique
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Gillian Piggott is an associate in our Real Property & Planning group in Vancouver. Her practice is primarily focused on commercial real estate and municipal matters. She has experience in the acquisition, development and sale of development property, including development property located on First Nations’ lands. Gillian regularly advises on Real Estate Development Marketing Act issues, real estate financing, disclosure statements and strata property, land title, leasing, heritage conservation and municipal land use issues. In addition, Gillian has been involved in zoning, permitting and regulatory compliance matters relating to the development of energy and natural resource-based projects.
Gillian’s experience includes:
- Advising clients on land use and regulatory issues, including subdivision, servicing, zoning, rezoning, permitting, development cost charges, non-conforming use, road creation, road closure and other issues relating to local government approval processes;
- Acting for developers in all aspects of commercial, residential and mixed use developments, including single family residential, multi-family residential, bare land, airspace, strata property, phases strata property and leasehold strata property developments;
- Acting for developers in connection with the acquisition, development and financing of renewable power projects including run of river hydroelectric power projects, wind power projects and biomass thermal energy production projects;
- Advising clients on real property tenures and rights including tenures of and rights to use Crown land, First Nations’ lands and Indian reserve lands;
- Working with local governments, public utilities and various governmental and regulatory authorities with respect to real estate development and land use issues; and
- Advising clients on heritage conservation and agricultural land reserve matters.
Gillian received her JD from the University of British Columbia in 2010. She was called to the British Columbia bar in 2011. She is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.
Groupe du droit immobilier de McCarthy Tétrault à Vancouver : équipe renforcée et présence accrue sur le marché
Transactions et causes
Innergex énergie renouvelable conclut le financement de 72 millions $ CA pour le projet hydroélectrique Northwest Stave River.
Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc. achète un parc de maisons mobiles.
Innergex énergie renouvelable inc. acquiert les centrales hydroélectriques Brown Lake et Miller Creek.
Kwoiek Creek Resources Limited Partnership conclut un financement de construction et de projet sans recours.
Bentall Kennedy fait l'acquisition de Bentall V, une tour de bureaux de Vancouver