Profil d'un avocat
+44 (0)20 7786 5708
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de la Colombie-Britannique
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Adam D. Wanke is an associate in our Business Law Group in our London, England office. His practice is primarily focused in the area of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the mining sector.
Adam has experience advising clients in numerous international jurisdictions with respect to mining projects, mineral streaming transactions, joint ventures, mining royalties and asset and share sales.
Adam joined the firm in September 2008. He received a BBA in Business Administration, with distinction, from the University of Toronto in 2002 and his LLB from the University of British Columbia in 2007. He was called to the British Columbia bar in 2008 and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Recent representative transactions that Adam has acted on include:
- Counsel to Glencore plc with respect to the $500 million gold and silver streaming transaction with Franco-Nevada over the Antapaccay mine in Peru;
- Counsel to Glencore plc with respect to the $900 million silver streaming transaction with Silver Wheaton over the Antamina mine in Peru;
- Counsel to Goldcorp Inc. on the combination with Teck Resources Limited of the El Morro and Relincho projects in Chile by way of a 50/50 joint venture to create a combined $3.5 billion mine called Project Corridor;
- Counsel to Anglo American plc on structuring of joint venture by way of a Delaware limited liability company for the Copper Creek Project in Arizona with Redhawk Resources Inc.
- Counsel to Heritage Oil with respect to £924 million takeover and go-private transaction of Heritage Oil by Qatari investment entity, Al Mirqab.
- Counsel to Anglo American plc in their option and joint venture agreement with Avannaa Resources Ltd. in relation to an investment by Anglo American of up to $15 million in Avannaa’s copper exploration project in Jameson Land, Greenland;
In 2013, Adam was a co-instructor of the British Columbia Institute of Technology’s Mining Law and Legal Agreements course in Vancouver, Canada.
Parus sur nos blogues
McCarthy Tétrault publie le septième volume de Mining in the Courts
Transactions et causes
Energy Investments Global conclut sa prise de contrôle de Heritage Oil au montant de 1,7 milliard de dollars canadiens
CA Technologies acquiert Layer 7 Technologies.
Anglo American réalise l’acquisition d’une participation de 40 % dans De Beers
Mercator Minerals fait l’acquisition de Creston Moly Corp.
NovaGold Resources réalise un placement d’actions par voie de prise ferme de 332,5 millions de dollars US
Pacheedaht Andersen Timber Holdings Limited Partnership fait l’acquisition d’un permis d’exploitation forestière.
Nyrstar NV fait l'acquisition de Farallon Mining Ltd.
Consolidated Thompson et WISCO concluent un investissement stratégique de 240 millions $
Taseko Mines Limited réalise un appel public à l'épargne