Profil d'un avocat
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Toronto
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Paul Galbraith is a partner in our Real Property and Planning Group in Toronto.
Paul’s reputation for superior service and technical expertise produces exceptionally high client satisfaction ratings.
A widely-acknowledged expert on syndicated lending, Paul has spoken frequently on the topic and has an unparalleled level of experience in the field. He has recently acted as lead counsel for the lending groups on high-profile deals such as Eau Du Soleil, Aura, ICE 2, Shangri-La, Hullmark Centre, Massey Tower Condos, Monde, Yonge + Rich, YC Condos, Ten York, Aquavista at Bayside, Aqualina at Bayside, 300 Front Street, Gibson Square, The Madison, Karma, Alto & Parkside at Atria, Trio at Atria, Four Seasons Private Residences, Studio on Richmond, Minto Yorkville Park, Fabrik, 365 Church, Beacon Condos, Lago, CORE, TeaHouse, Dwell, Heron’s Hill, and Cinema Tower.
In addition to syndicated lending work, Paul’s practice includes mid and large scale bilateral secured lending transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, commercial and industrial development projects, stock/share purchase transactions, and commercial leasing. In addition to his syndicated construction lending work, he has acted as lead counsel on the following:
- $2-billion acquisition of a 23 property office tower portfolio;
- $650-million wind/solar energy financing secured by multiple Ontario projects;
- Counsel to the lender providing financing for the $578MM acquisition of Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. by Baybridge Seniors Housing Trust;
- $330-million stock purchase sale transaction involving four European hospitality properties;
- Term financing of the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto;
- $300-million revolving operating facilities secured by mortgage pool assets in Canada and US;
- $280-million operating facility secured by properties in 6 provinces;
- $250-million unsecured operating facility to major Canadian REIT;
- $250-million term financing secured by prominent Toronto office tower;
- $138-million acquisition financing to a limited partnership for the purchase of 150 condominium properties.
Paul holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of Calgary (1998), a master’s degree from the University of Cambridge in philosophy (2000) and a master’s degree from the University of Cambridge in mathematical logic (2002). He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto in 2005 and was called to the Ontario bar in 2006.
Paul is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, Canadian Bar Association, and the Ontario Bar Association.
In his free time, Paul enjoys hitting the gym, attending Jays games, and failing to fix his golf swing.
Parus sur nos blogues
Transactions et causes
Gosfield Wind Financial Corporation réalise le refinancement d’un parc éolien.
Banque TD consent un prêt dans le cadre de l’acquisition d’un portefeuille industriel par Dundee Industrial REIT.
GDF SUEZ Canada mène à terme une restructuration et un financement de projet.
Kingdom Hotels (Toronto) acquiert le Four Seasons Toronto au prix de 165 M$
Fonds de placement immobilier Allied réalise un appel public à l'épargne et fait l'acquisition du portefeuille de Toronto
La FPI Dundee acquiert le portefeuille de bureaux Slate/Blackstone au prix de 832 millions de dollars.
Lake Shore Gold Corp. réalise une facilité de crédit renouvelable d’entreprise de 50 millions de dollars US.
Cascades Inc., Cascades USA Inc. et Cascades Europe SAS réalisent un refinancement de 750 millions de dollars CA
Cadillac Fairview et Ivanhoe Cambridge vendent Cataraqui Town Centre à Primaris Retail REIT.
555 Carrière Holdings acquiert une tour de bureaux de Gatineau et obtient un financement d’OMERS.