Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
Acquisitions et aliénations immobilières
Hôtellerie et restauration
Prêts garantis et financement de projets
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de la Colombie-Britannique
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Conrad Rego is a partner in our Real Property & Planning Group in Vancouver. His practice is focused on commercial real estate acquisitions, sales, development and leasing, and banking, corporate and commercial lending, project finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance transactions.
Mr. Rego regularly advises developers on a variety of residential, commercial, mixed-use and comprehensive projects, proponents of infrastructure projects, including transportation and energy projects and Canadian financial institutions, whether provincially or federally chartered, and foreign banks on secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated financing transactions, particularly with respect to commercial real estate and infrastructure.
His experience includes:
- representing a diversified real-estate enterprise in the acquisition of eight industrial portfolios;
- advising the proponent for the South Fraser Perimeter Road project in British Columbia;
- advising lenders to the proponent for the Route 1 Gateway Project in New Brunswick;
- representing a charitable society in its purchase and acquisition financing of seniors’ care and independent living facilities located in British Columbia;
- representing a mortgage corporation in connection with the establishment of a construction loan credit facility relating to a major, mixed-use property development project in Vancouver, British Columbia;
- representing a private company purchaser in its purchase and refinancing of a portfolio of industrial and commercial properties located in Ontario;
- representing a group of Canadian chartered banks in connection with the establishment of a construction loan credit facility relating to a major, mixed-use property development project in Toronto, Ontario;
- preparing subdivision, homeowners association, golf club and hotel documentation for a master-planned community in Cranbrook, British Columbia;
- representing major developers in connection with the acquisition of development sites and the development of condominium projects, including phased and mixed-use projects; and
- major acquisition financings, construction financings, infrastructure financings and cross-border financings.
Mr. Rego is recognized in the 2016 edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to the leading law firms and practitioners in Canada, as a leading lawyer in the area of property leasing. He was identified as a leading infrastructure lawyer in Lexpert’s 2015 Special Edition on Infrastructure.
Mr. Rego joined the firm as a student in 2003. He received a BA in History and Economics from the University of British Columbia (2001) and his LLB from the University of British Columbia (2004). Mr. Rego was called to the British Columbia bar in May, 2005.
Mr. Rego is on the Board of Directors of NAIOP (Vancouver Chapter) and a Past President of Ascend (Vancouver Chapter). He is also a member of FACL BC, the Real Property and Banking Sections of the Canadian Bar Association, the Vancouver Bar Association and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Parus sur nos blogues
Groupe du droit immobilier de McCarthy Tétrault à Vancouver : équipe renforcée et présence accrue sur le marché
Transactions et causes
Bluesky Hotels and Resorts réalise l’acquisition de FPI InnVest pour 2,1 G$
Léon acquiert The Brick pour 700 millions $ CA.
CIBC consent une facilité de prêt de 175 millions de $ C à Catalyst Paper.
Bentall Kennedy fait l'acquisition de Bentall V, une tour de bureaux de Vancouver
Pender Financial acquiert des titres d’Icron Technologies Corporation
Northland Properties Corporation achète Sutton Place Hotels à Vancouver et à Edmonton.
Innergex Énergie Renouvelable Inc. fait l’acquisition de Cloudworks Energy Inc.
Concert Real Estate Corporation fait l'acquisition d'un bâtiment d'entreposage et de distribution de 1,1 million de pieds carrés, à Brampton
Gosfield Wind Financial Corporation réalise le financement d'un projet de parc éolien
Clôture financière du projet éolien Dokie