Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de la Colombie-Britannique
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Cameron Whyte* is a partner in the Vancouver office practising in the Real Property and Planning Group. His practice focuses on the acquisition, disposition, development and financing of multi-family residential real estate projects and commercial income properties.
Many of the projects with which Cameron has been involved have been structured as partnerships or joint ventures. He also regularly advises real estate companies on general corporate/commercial matters.
Cameron's recent experience includes:
- the leveraged buyout of a large real estate development partnership by its minority partner;
- acting on the purchase and sale of numerous shopping centres, office buildings and industrial properties;
- acting for developers of multi-family residential, mixed use and commercial developments in the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and the Okanagan;
- the syndication of real estate development projects and investment properties through partnership and joint venture structures;
- acting for borrowers in term, construction and mezzanine loan transactions;
- structuring and implementing reorganizations for real estate companies and partnerships including reorganizations enabling key employees to participate in profits; and
- acting for commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases.
Cameron recently co-authored an article entitled "When a struggling tenant is better than no tenant" published in The Lawyers Weekly.
Cameron attended the University of British Columbia and obtained a B.Comm. with an Urban Land Economics option in 1998 and an LLB in 2003. He was called to the British Columbia bar in 2004 and is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.
* denotes Law Corporation
Parus sur nos blogues
Transactions et causes
Bentall Kennedy fait l'acquisition de Bentall V, une tour de bureaux de Vancouver
Madison Pacific Properties Inc. fait l’acquisition du siège social de Ballard Power Systems Inc.
Vente de la quasi totalité des éléments d’actif de Centrex Homes Edmonton Limited Partnership.
Acquisition d’un centre commercial situé au 26310 Fraser Highway à Langley, en Colombie Britannique.