Profil d'un avocat
Michael E. Mitchell
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Londres
Université de Victoria
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Michael Mitchell is Counsel in our Vancouver office. He represents clients on infrastructure projects, power generation projects, large civil construction projects and collaborative design build projects. His construction practice includes the preparation, negotiation and settlement of all construction related documents in connection with a wide range of complex facilities including railway and port development projects, pipelines, bridges and tunnels, hospitals, university facilities, sports complexes, public and private schools, water and wastewater treatment facilities, utility distribution systems and commercial buildings.
Mr. Mitchell has advised clients developing power and remote site projects in Canada and other jurisdictions, including run of river hydro projects, wind and solar power projects, ore extraction and rail projects.
Mr. Mitchell advises clients in connection with all aspects of procurement procedures including RFP and tender instructions, bid submissions and issues relating to the analysis and selection of bids and submissions. He regularly represents clients on construction dispute resolution matters and he is a primary contact for the firm's national construction group in Vancouver.
Typical transactions include:
- negotiating commercial construction documents and all related contracts including contracts with managers, contractors, architects, engineers and professional consultants;
- providing strategic advice on bidding and submission practices for proponents and for institutional participants on major commercial and infrastructure projects, including projects involving government bodies;
- representing clients in resolving "course of construction" issues, including claims relating to extras, delays, bonds, insurance and lien claims;
- advising clients in connection with performance obligations under construction and commercial contracts and compliance with relevant laws (such as lien legislation, workers compensation and site specific regulatory requirements);
- developing RFP and tender instruction documents for major projects;
- advising lenders on risk issues in connection with the construction of funded projects.
Mr. Mitchell attended the University of Victoria where he obtained his BA (with distinction) and his JD. He obtained his LLM at the University of London. He is a member of the Board of Governors at the University of Victoria.
Transactions et causes