Team Value and Skills
Doris is a senior law clerk in the Trusts and Estates section of our Tax Group in Toronto. She assists executors and trustees in all aspects of estate and ongoing trust administration and management. Doris prepares court application materials for the appointment of estate trustees (including ancillary and resealing of foreign grants), documentation relating to the settlement and distribution of assets and assists with estate and trust accounts. Her support to the lawyers in the practice group also includes court applications for changes of trustees and for passing of accounts of executors, trustees, attorneys and guardians of property, as well as drafting wills and trusts.
Doris brings extensive estate and trust administration expertise spanning over 25 years. Her past experience has also extended to supporting lawyers in the practice area of estates, trusts and wealth management in a broad range of matters including estate planning, corporate restructuring, voluntary disclosures, high net worth client tax audits, offshore trusts and charities.
Certifications and Education
- Estate Accounting Fellowship Course (with Honours) - Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (2012)
- Corporate Law (updated) Associate Course (with Honours) - Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (2012)
- Estates, Litigation and Corporate Associate Courses - Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (1988 - 1989)
- B.A. (Law & Economics) - Carleton University (1986)
- Ordinary Member, Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario