Canadian Telecommunications Regulatory Handbook (3rd Edition, 2016)
Please click here to purchase this guide. Available in English only.
Format: Soft Cover
Pages: Approx. 1220
Price: $ 140 CDN
This handbook, now in its third edition, is a convenient single reference source for the text of the laws, treaties, regulations, directions, orders, rules and other key documents that govern Canadian telecommunications regulation. It includes relevant CRTC documents as well as documents relating to Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada radio spectrum and technical regulation, all updated to February 1, 2016.
Designed to be an indispensable reference tool for telecommunications industry professionals and others interested in telecommunications regulation, the book includes:
- the major legal, regulatory and policy documents that comprise the regulatory frameworks administered by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) and Industry Canada;
- key policies and decisions issued by both agencies on current regulatory issues, including Internet traffic regulation, spectrum regulation and auctions, regulation of cellular mobile
- wireless services, wholesale service regulation, anti-spam and other consumer protection measures, lawful access proposals and the Canadian ownership and control regime;
- notes on judicial decisions related to telecommunications law and regulation;
- a glossary of terms and abbreviations used in Canadian telecommunications regulation.